JOB TITLE: BUYER
Radical Motorsport is the world’s largest manufacturer of dedicated track-day and racing cars, with a global customer base of owner-drivers supported by dealers in over 32 territories. With the continued development of our global race championship framework, we are looking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Buyer, based in our Peterborough head office.
Reports to: Senior Buyer/MP&L & Supply chain Director
Key requirements of the role:
- Ability to drive outsourcing / resourcing projects at pace with a high attention to detail.
- Capability to drive daily actions forward under the day-to-day leadership of the Senior Buyer, but with input from the Director / Head of Department on long-range vision and strategy.
- Identifies and works with high quality, highly competitive and capable suppliers to drive competitive edge for Radical.
- Sources suppliers on a balanced scorecard approach of Quality, Cost, Innovation and Delivery.
- Focus on reducing cost/negotiating the best deal whilst improving quality and supply.
- Evaluate and monitor current supplier performance in terms of quality, delivery & cost. Utilising standard KPI’s , to improve supplier performance.
- Daily ordering of materials / arranging timely delivery based on supply chain demands.
- Ensure that all procurement activity conforms to best practice and Company ethics, principles and processes.
Core skills / experience:
- Educated to at least A-level; CIPS advantageous.
- Experience in related industries (automotive, industrial, Supplier Tier 1) highly desirable.
- Commodity knowledge of machining and composites advantageous.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to our MRP system; raise PO’s with minimum of supervision, process engineering changes in a timely fashion and manage new product introduction issues when needed.
- Fully conversant with MS Office software (e.g. complex Excel spreadsheets)
- Strong in continuous improvement methodologies
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, and communication skills to multiple levels of the organization.
- Function well in a high paced demanding environment.
- Analytical and organised.
Job Type: Full-time,
Salary: Depending on experience
Working Hours: 40 over 5 days
Schedule: 8-hours per day
20 days Holiday plus including 8 statutory bank holidays
4% Company Pension Contribution Price Match - automatic enrolment after 3 months continuous employmentCLICK TO APPLY