NUMBER 1 MECHANIC
Radical Sportscars is the world’s largest manufacture and constructor of dedicated track-day and racing cars, with a global customer base of owner-drivers supported by dealers in over 32 territories. Due to continued growth of its global distributor and dealer network and the development of our global race championship framework we are looking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic number one Race Technician based at our head office in Peterborough.
Reports to: Works Team Manager
- Race technician qualification with a recognised education body
- Experience working within motorsport industry
- Experience of training and mentoring junior mechanics
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This role will involve but not limited to – Full Track Side Support. Taking the lead both at the track and back at Radical Works Team site.
- Track Side - Keeping the car running smoothly, repairing any damage that might happen to the car, making any necessary adjustments to improve the performance of the car.
- Stripping the car down at the end of the race and building it back up again before the next race.
- Dealing with any issue as they arise, in a timely and efficient manner
- Site Based- Repairs/maintenance of customer vehicles.
You need to be:
- An excellent team player.
- You will have good communication skills.
- You will enjoy problem solving.
- Being able to work quickly and effectively and excel in pressured situations.
- Being flexible in terms of working hours and approach.
- Being organised and able to follow process and guidelines.
- You are competitive and want to be the best you can be, you will enjoy winning!
- You will most likely have superb attention to detail and work to the highest standard.
- Able to adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Highly Customer Focused.
Education and Experience:
- You must be an experienced motorsport technician and ideally have worked within a factory team. The successful candidate will need to exhibit strong mechanical/technical and organisational skills; and must be computer literate.
- The candidate must be able to work and currently living in the UK
- Immediate start for the right candidate.
- Job Types: Full-time
- Salary: Based on experience
- Working Hours: 40 over 5 days, Saturday and Sunday working involved to attend race meetings
- Schedule: 8 hour shift
- 20 days Holiday including plus 8 bank holidays
- Company Pension Contribution match – (T&C’s apply)