THE WORLD'S BEST-SELLING RACE CAR JUST GOT SMARTER
The new SR3 XX sports car brings unparalleled race car technology to the fingertips of drivers around the globe.
Developed in conjunction with Radical’s long-term data partner AiM Technologies, the super sports car benefits from an all-new electrical architecture, allowing race and track drivers access to more data and feedback than ever before.
The SR3 XX is the first production race car to feature AiM’s new solid-state technology, which controls not only power management, but also a suite of data options and technology to help Radical drivers be the fastest on the race track. It will also be the first sports car to feature AiM’s new Formula steering wheel technology, akin to those usually seen in high-level single-seater racing cars and Le Mans Prototypes.
The new solid-state Power Distribution Module (PDM) acts as the SR3 XX’s electrical heart, replacing a conventional wiring loom to send, store and process electrical data and telemetry quickly and more efficiently. The system not only offers a 65% weight saving over traditional wiring, but also makes diagnostic and fault resolution simpler than ever.
To put the power of this new technology at all racing car driver’s fingertips, the SR3 cockpit has been re-designed, with a new dashboard designed around a new multi-function steering wheel, incorporating a built-in LCD display to bring real-time information to the driver. The system is fully customisable, with hundreds of data feed combinations to choose from, with up to four fields being displayed at any one time.
This lightweight, affordable sports car also offers multiple vehicle control buttons incorporated within the steering wheel, enabling maximum driver control. The new dashboard incorporates a centre-stack design with secondary control functions via momentary touch-pad switching, back-lit for night-time visibility.
The new technology opens up a range of new data logging and review options, with Radical Sportscars offering a host of extra equipment that can be bolted-on to tailor the SR3 XX’s system to a driver or team’s needs. Among the new features of these high performance cars, are new data fields such as tyre temperature and pressure sensors. These new data channels help the track-day and club racer to optimise their tyre and aerodynamic settings for both peak performance and endurance.
These features, coupled with ride height sensors, will be of particular value to those embarking in Radical’s endurance racing, not to mention longer-duration motorsport events such as the 25 Hours of Thunder hill, in which an SR3 scooped outright victory last December beating GT3, LMP3 and LMP2 machinery in the process.
Drivers can choose between Radical’s proven 1340cc or 1500cc four-cylinder hand-built RPE racing spec engines to power the new model, both assembled by Radical's world-class race car engineering team. Both are driven through a six-speed sequential gearbox with paddle shift and Quaife limited-slip differential, and are coupled with a new-generation racing exhaust system.
Styling upgrades for the new SR3 XX include revised LED race lighting, composite mirrors and new rear-wing endplates. For additional comfort, new 60mm wider moulded twin- and single-seat options have been introduced, offering greater lateral stability and safety. These are designed to work in harmony with the bespoke seat insert systems favoured by professional racers from Formula 1 down.DOWNLOAD INFORMATION PACK
Technical Data (1500cc Option)
0-603.1 sec (3.3 sec 1340cc)
Top speed147 mph (141 mph 1340cc)
Power@flywheel226 bhp (195 bhp 1340cc)
Power:weight367 bhp/tonne (317 bhp/tonne 1340cc)
Lateral force2.3 g
SR3 XX Features
- Gen 4 RPE-Suzuki 4-cylinder dry sump oil system
- Latest Life Racing ECU with detailed interrogation function for maintenance and analysis
- XX-generation hi-flow racing exhaust system
- Six-speed, integral sequential gearbox
- Paddleshift gear change with auto-blipper
- Quaife gear final drive and limited-slip differential, reversing gear system
- Mid-engined, rear-wheel-drive
- Lightweight spaceframe chassis with FIA-specification safety cell and crash structure
- LMP-inspired, high-downforce composite bodywork
- XX-generation LED race lighting including FIA high-intensity central rain light
- Bi-plane high-downforce track day rear wing and diffuser
- XX-generation Le Mans pre-preg carbon composite mirrors
- XX-generation rear wing endplates
- Fully adjustable Nik-link suspension system, front and rear unequal length top and bottom wishbones, fabricated uprights, front and rear adjustable pushrods
- Lightweight cast aluminium updated uprights providing an improvement in durability
- Interchangeable roll bars
- Choice of bespoke Intrax fully adjustable damper
- Radical four-pot calipers front & rear on 280mm x 25mm fully-floating 48-vane disc brakes
- Two-seater chassis with twin or single-seat options, optimised for use with a moulded race seat insert
- AiM Formula Wheel with integral LCDdisplay, lightweight shift paddles and on-wheel switching.
- XX-generation dashboard with waterproof, backlit momentary touchpad
- Dash-mounted brake bias adjuster
- Wind deflector
DATA & ELECTRICS
- XX-generation solid-state Power Distribution Module (PDM) with Controller Area Network (CAN) linked wiring and telemetry
- XX-generation data integration and logging allowing additional data logging (see below)
WHEELS & TYRES
- Radical centre lock, cast aluminium wheels – 8" × 15" dia. front and 10.5" × 16" dia. rears
- Bespoke slick & wet tyre options
- Length: 4077 mm
- Width: 1799 mm
- Height: 1093 mm
- Weight: 620 kg
- Spin-safe clutch system
- Convenience Pack (Additional silencer, radiator fan and engine oil pre-heater)
- Billet upright upgrade
- Pre-preg carbon-fibre double front dive planes
- LED race lights
- Triple-adjustable racing suspension
- Air jack system
- Enhanced Data Pack (SmartyCam video system with GPS and steering logging sensors)
- Pre-preg carbon-fibre dashboard
- Advanced dynamic laser ride height (front and rear) logging
- Tyre pressure and temperature monitoring system
- Suspension logging sensors
- Electrically-activated fire extinguisher system
- FiA certified 76-litre fuel cell
- Fuel sampling/drain kit
- Dry-break refuelling system
- Nik-Link rollbar set
- Trickle charge and jump starter pack
- Forward-facing stay head protectors
- Composite halo head restraint
- Driver & passenger seat insert