RADICAL SR10 XXR: PURE EXTREME PERFORMANCE
- THE BENCHMARK FOR COMPETITION, MOTORSPORT COUNTRY CLUB AND TRACKDAY CARS
- LOWER RUNNING COSTS FROM A LONG-LIFE 425BHP RPE-FORD ECOBOOST ENGINE AND HEWLAND GEARBOX
- MORE REAL-TIME DATA, THE LATEST DASH ELECTRONICS AND OPTIONAL POWER STEERING CREATE THE ULTIMATE DRIVER’S CAR
- ELIGIBLE FOR RADICAL RACE SERIES WORLDWIDE
With a high horsepower, long-life powertrain, the Radical SR10 XXR is everything you’d expect from a Radical – turbocharged. Targeted at track-day enthusiasts, motorsport country club members, and racers across the globe, the SR10 XXR delivers more power and torque than has ever before featured in Radical’s SR line-up, with a new engine and drivetrain package optimised for both performance and durability.
The new SR10 XXR is designed to keep you on the track for longer, faster. Whether lapping casually at your local motorsport country club, or dicing with GT and LMP competition in an around-the-clock enduro, the SR10’s sole purpose is to out-run and out-manoeuvre the competition whilst remaining easy to drive and cost-effective to run.
Demand from Radical’s customers for a turbocharged variant of our legendary SR line of Sports Racers propelled the SR10’s extensive test programme, which continued behind closed doors throughout the UK’s COVID-19 enforced lockdown. Given the SR platform’s longstanding reputation for providing electrifying performance through optimised aerodynamics and outstanding grip, the primary focus was on maximising both the new powertrain’s incredible performance as well as its durability, for easier operation and long service intervals. Two years after this first release, the SR10 is Radical Motorsport’s fastest-selling car yet.
The SR10 XXR applies Radical Performance Engines (RPE) cutting-edge engine tuning capabilities with the proven durability of Ford’s EcoBoost engine architecture. This is no ordinary production unit; as Radical’s in-house powertrain division, RPE have developed a bespoke turbocharger, induction and engine management package to release over 425bhp and 380lb-ft of torque from the engine. A bespoke Garrett G-Series turbocharger delivers better throttle response and reduced lag, with forged pistons and connecting rods and a bespoke dry-sump lubrication system for bulletproof durability.
This high-output engine is integrated with a new Hewland GT3-derived six-speed gearbox. The SR10 is Radical’s first application of the Hewland TMT transaxle, originally developed for the FIA F2 single-seater.
This compact unit includes an integral paddleshift actuator and innovative WaveTrac ATB differential for maximum traction in all conditions, and is a perfect match for the high torque generated by the 2.3L High Output variant of the RPE-Ford inline four-cylinder engine.
As recently debuted on the SR3 XX, the driver’s environment features a new wheel-mounted LCD multi-page display and additional car controls at the driver’s fingertips. On the SR10 XXR this includes multiple engine and gearbox mapping options and adjustable weighting for the optional electronic power steering system, also a first for the SR model line.
Two years after its first introduction, the XXR upgrade was launched for the SR10. This included updates to the bodywork such as carbon fibre front louvres and carbon fibre front splitter and rear diffuser as an option. The SR10 XXR continues to be the race car of choice for country club members and track day enthusiasts worldwide.
Lateral force2.3 g
0-60mph (100km/h)2.4 sec
SR10 XXR Features
- RPE-Ford 2261cc, 425bhp & 380ft-Ib, turbocharged engine with direct injection, twin-independent variable cam timing and drive-by-wire throttle
- Custom Garrett turbocharger
- Forged motorsport pistons, connecting rods and bespoke dry-sump system
- Latest Life Racing ECU with detailed interrogation function for maintenance and analysis
- High-flow racing exhaust system
- Six-speed Hewland sequential transaxle
- Radical developed paddle-activated gearshift system with auto-blipper
- Automatic torque-biasing limited slip differential
- Mid-engined, rear-wheel-drive
- Fully adjustable Nik-link suspension system, front and rear unequal length top and bottom wishbones, fabricated uprights, front and rear adjustable pushrods
- Lightweight cast aluminium updated uprights providing an improvement in durability
- Interchangeable roll bars
- Intrax triple-adjustable dampers with Anti-Roll Control (ARC) technology
- Radical four-pot calipers on 315mm x 35mm front & rear fully-floating 48-vane disc brakes
- Front & rear brake cooling
- Two-seater chassis with twin or single-seat options, optimised for use with a moulded race seat insert
- AiM Formula Wheel with integral LCD display, lightweight shift paddles and on-wheel switching.
- Display functions include LCD rev counter, gear indicator, shift light and engine/gearbox strategy manettino controls
- Ergonomic dashboard with waterproof, backlit momentary touchpad
- Dash-mounted brake bias adjuster
- Wind deflector
DATA & ELECTRICS
- Solid-state AiM Technologies Power Distribution Module (PDM) with Controller Area Network (CAN) linked wiring and telemetry
- Data integration allowing additional data logging including tyre pressure and temperature monitoring, and laser ride height logging
SAFETY & SECURITY
- FIA specification, foam filled 77L fuel cell
- Full electronic fire extinguisher system
WHEELS & TYRES
- Radical centre lock, cast aluminium wheels ( 8" × 15" dia. front and 10.5" × 16" dia. rears )
- Bespoke slick & wet tyre options
Length: 4077 mm
Width: 1799 mm
Height: 1093 mm
Weight: 725 kg
- Convenience Pack (fuel drain and trickle-charger Li-ON)
- Billet upright upgrade
- Additional silencer
- Pre-preg carbon-fibre double front dive planes
- Air jack system
- Enhanced Data Pack (SmartyCam video system with GPS and brake pressure and steering logging sensors)
- Pre-preg carbon-fibre dashboard
- Advanced dynamic laser ride height (front and rear) logging
- Tyre pressure and temperature monitoring system
- Suspension logging sensors
- Dry-break refuelling system
- Electronic Power Assisted Steering (EPAS)
- Nik-Link rollbar set
- Forward-facing stay head protectors
- Composite halo head restraint
- Driver & passenger seat insert
- Halo-inspired Cockpit Safety Structure (more info)
- Carbon fibre front splitter
- Carbon fibre rear diffuser