THE WORLD'S BEST-SELLING RACE CAR.
The new SR3 XXR sports car brings unparalleled race car technology to the fingertips of drivers around the globe.
Launched with more power and precision, the latest edition of the world's most popular race car improves on the legendary SR3 formula to enable drivers to lap faster, harder and for longer.
The SR3 XXR is the first Radical model to be fitted with Radical Performance Engines' Generation 5, biofuel-ready, 232 bhp engine as well as brakes from new technical partner, AP Racing.
Styling upgrades for the new SR3 XXR include revised LED lighting, LMP-inspired central tail 'shark fin' and new lightweight wheels. A carbon fibre splitter and rear diffuser will be offered as an option.
The SR3 XXR continues to offer AiM’s solid-state technology including a suite of data options and technology to help Radical drivers be the fastest on the race track. It also retains AiM’s popular Formula steering wheel technology, akin to those usually seen in high-level single-seater racing cars and Le Mans Prototypes.
To put the power of technology at all racing car driver’s fingertips, the dashboard designed around a multi-function steering wheel, incorporates a built-in LCD display to bring real-time information to the driver. The system is fully customisable, with hundreds of data feed combinations to choose from, with up to four fields being displayed at any one time.
The SR3 XXR includes a range of data logging and review options, with Radical Motorsport offering a host of extra equipment that can be bolted-on to tailor the SR3 XXR’s system to a driver or team’s needs. Among the features of these high performance cars, are data fields such as tyre temperature and pressure sensors. These data channels help the track-day and club racer to optimise their tyre and aerodynamic settings for both peak performance and endurance.
Drivers can choose between Radical’s proven 1340cc or 1500cc four-cylinder hand-built RPE racing spec engines to power the new model, both assembled by Radical's world-class race car engineering team. Both are driven through a six-speed sequential gearbox with paddle shift and Quaife limited-slip differential, and are coupled with a new-generation racing exhaust system.
SR3 XXR Features
- Gen 5 RPE liquid cooled 4-cylinder, 16 Valve, 1340cc or 1500cc
- Gen 5 RPE dry sump and cooling system
- Gen 5 RPE coil-on-plug ignition system
- Electronic Drive-By-Wire with optimized carbon airbox with OHFI (Over-Head-Fuel-Injection)
- Life Racing ECU with detailed interrogation function for maintenance and analysis
- XX-generation hi-flow racing exhaust system
- Biofuel ready
- Six-speed, integral sequential gearbox
- Paddleshift gear change with auto-blipper
- Quaife gear final drive and limited-slip differential, reversing gear system
- Mid-engined, rear-wheel-drive
- Lightweight spaceframe chassis with FIA-specification safety cell and crash structure
- LMP-inspired, high-downforce composite bodywork
- XXR-generation LED race lighting including FIA high-intensity central rain light
- Bi-plane high-downforce track day rear wing and diffuser
- XX-generation Le Mans pre-preg carbon composite mirrors
- XXR-generation rear wing endplates
- Fully adjustable Nik-link suspension system, front and rear unequal length wishbones, adjustable pushrods
- Lightweight uprights providing an improvement in durability
- Interchangeable roll bars
- Choice of bespoke Intrax fully adjustable damper
- Radical four-pot calipers front & rear on 280mm x 25mm fully-floating 48-vane disc brakes
- Two-seater chassis with twin or single-seat options, optimised for use with a moulded race seat insert
- XXR-generation Formula Wheel with integral LCD display, lightweight shift paddles and on-wheel switching.
- XX-generation dashboard with waterproof, backlit momentary touchpad
- Dash-mounted brake bias adjuster
- Wind deflector
DATA & ELECTRICS
- XX-generation solid-state Power Distribution Module (PDM) with Controller Area Network (CAN) linked wiring and telemetry
- XX-generation data integration and logging allowing additional data logging (see below)
WHEELS & TYRES
- Radical XXR design centre lock, cast aluminium wheels – 8" × 15" dia. front and 10.5" × 16" dia. rears
- Bespoke slick & wet tyre options
- Convenience Pack (Additional silencer, radiator fan and engine oil pre-heater)
- AP Racing brakes upgrade
- Pre-preg carbon-fibre double front dive planes
- Carbon-fibre splitter and rear diffuser
- LED race lights
- Triple-adjustable racing suspension
- Air jack system
- Enhanced Data Pack (SmartyCam video system with GPS and steering logging sensors)
- Pre-preg carbon-fibre dashboard
- Advanced dynamic laser ride height (front and rear) logging
- Tyre pressure and temperature monitoring system
- Suspension logging sensors
- Electrically-activated fire extinguisher system
- FiA certified 76-litre fuel cell
- Fuel sampling/drain kit
- Dry-break refuelling system
- Nik-Link rollbar set
- Trickle charge and jump starter pack
- Forward-facing stay head protectors
- Composite halo head restraint
- Driver & passenger seat insert
- Halo-inspired Cockpit Safety Structure (more info)